AirFrance KLM March 2015 Traffic Results
- Network airlines: continued contrasted trends, strict capacity discipline
- Ongoing accelerated development of Transavia in France
- 6.3 million passengers, down 0.4%
- Unit revenue per available seat kilometer (RASK) ex-currency down compared to March 2014, reflecting the expected capacity/demand balances: good performance on North America, the Caribbean/Indian Ocean and point-to-point, unit revenues under pressure on the other networks
- 0.6 million passengers, +9.0%
- Ongoing accelerated development of Transavia in France (capacity up 48%) partly offset by seasonal charter capacity adjustments in the Netherlands
Total group passenger activity
- 6.9 million passengers, +0.4%
- Unit revenue per available ton kilometer (RATK) ex-currency down compared to March 2014
- On March 10th, Air France-KLM published its 2015 Summer schedule. The Group capacity is increasing by +1.7% compared to Summer 2014 (excluding strike impact). Long-haul capacity is increasing by 1.8%, whereas medium-haul capacity is decreasing by 1.9% on the back of the restructuring of the point-to-point business. Transavia continues its planned strong growth, up 7.8%.
- Air France-KLM is increasing services to Canada and launching two new routes: on March 29th, Air France started servicing Vancouver, while KLM will start operating flights to Edmonton on May 19th, the fifth destination of the Group in Canada. The Group is also improving its position in South America thanks to the launch of a new KLM route to Bogota and Cali (Colombia), which started on March 31st.
- On March 25th, Air France-KLM has successfully placed an issue of perpetual bonds for an amount of 400 million euros. This issue enables the consolidation of the Group’s financial structure during the Perform 2020 implementation period. In view of this transaction, the Group has updated its net debt target for end 2015 from around 5 billion euros to around 4.6 billion euros.
- 30 April 2015: Results of the First Quarter of 2015
- 11 May 2015: April 2015 traffic
- 21 May 2015: Annual General Meeting of shareholders
- 8 June 2015: May 2015 traffic